31.5.07

la môme

saw the movie 'la môme' yesterday with my wonderful sassy s. funny enough, the swedish translator translated the title of the film to 'la vie en rose'... which is of course weird, since translating a french title to french is... well, stupid, pardon my french.
the story is about the life of which the great singer edith piaf lived and shows us just how much life can be, both fragile and joyful. it is not a sobmovie nor a chickflick, even though i am inclined to pushing it into that corner. but is it more a movie about life itself and where everyone has something to take from it.
when me and sassy s were discussing what movies we were to go to, my (obvious) suggestion was the newly released 'pirates of caribbean', when sassy s told that it would be 'la vie en rose' or nothing at all. so i dragged myself to the cinema, waiting to pay a fortune for about 2 h sleep. but when the movie was finished and the lights turned on, it was me sitting there, sobbing and thinking of the greatness of such a small and frail woman.
she was so whole, yet broken at the same time. maybe that's how we all are. whole, yet broken, looking to be fixed.

No comments: