24.7.07

locked out

my dear friend from skåne, is living stockholm and making this an even more tragic blur of a city, than it already is. he's changing scenery to malmö, since he's gotten a job in a musical there. so tonight was the last time i would see him for a long long while. and so we met, had a drink, dinner and afternoon beer.

he's leaving tomorrow for gothenburg, to empty the room he's renting, but whilst drinking his afternoon beer, he remembered that there wouldn't be any keys to the apartment in town. a slight fear dawned upon his face as he was trying to calculate chances and solutions of the given situation. me, myself, had a hard time at first to understand how one can totally forget such an important part as keys and how to obtain them when you get there.
little should i be talking. as i walked home, it dawned on me that my keys had not left the office. and i froze then, thinking what should do and so forth. in bewilderment, i called my friend from skåne to see if i could crash at his place (this was 11.20 pm, him living about half an hour from where i was), when he asked the question if someone else might have a spare set of keys. which there are, my parents. a bit nervous i called my parents, late monday night to ask them to drive by with the keys so i could get in. gratefully, dad was awake and could jump in the car and race over. now, i have a third pair in my bag, if i would forget the other ones again. and my thoughtless thought remain thoughtless.

No comments: